Careers at Bloom
Accepting Applications and Hiring Ideal Fits for Bloom!
Bloom Therapy is open to hiring licensed clinicians that are the right fit for our practice, including provisionally-licensed therapists. These positions offer a generous commission-based pay structure, health care benefits, the freedom to make your own schedule and set your own rates, access to beautiful and comfortable office space if desired, the freedom to work from home virtually as often as you like, and a supportive community of holistic-minded therapists. For LPC-Associates, high-quality, on-site licensed supervision with our Executive Director is included in your employment benefits. Bloom Therapy offers enjoyable freedoms comparable to private practice without the admin headaches, billing snags, or start-up/overhead costs.
Fully-licensed clinicians who wish to apply must be primarily oriented in holistic, experiential, somatic therapeutic modalities, such as SE, IFS, AEDP, ACT, hypnosis, Hakomi, yoga therapy, transpersonal, etc. Applicants must be passionate and skilled in using the mind/body/spirit connection to help people heal efficiently and deeply from the inside out.
All therapist positions include high quality supervision/consultations as needed, marketing, regular client referrals, a serene office environment if desired, option to work from home, office supplies, administrative/billing assistance, access to our company health share organization plans, and a complementary coffee/tea/oxygenated water station. We also provide a collaborative space to experience different healing modalities and build a social network including a monthly Healer’s Circle, company sponsored breath-work sessions, monthly socials, and soon to be offered in-house CEUs. Lastly, full-time employees also enjoy a monthly health care stipend after 3 months of employment and an annual CEU allowance. (Full-time employees must average at least 15 sessions per week).
Bloom Therapists may offer in-person sessions, virtual sessions, or any combination of the two. They may choose to work from home as long as they have a secure internet connection and a private space at home to do confidential sessions that looks professional. There is Bloom office space available for both video sessions and in-person sessions should they prefer that option, or to enjoy some combination of the two. We also have space for any groups, workshops, or CEU trainings you would like to provide our community.
Bloom Therapy offers passionate, newly-developing therapists a place to earn supervised hours quickly while receiving fair compensation, valuable training, and supportive mentorship. LPC-Associates enjoy W-2 employment, with supervision and high quality training included in their employee benefits, so they don’t have to worry about those costs at these early stages of their careers. For far too long there have been unreasonable financial barriers to enter the mental health field, which only adds to the mental health crisis and lack of effective mental health care available in this country, and reduces the diversification of clinicians. One of Bloom Therapy’s missions is to make high quality, post-graduate experience more financially accessible and nurture new therapists who can thrive clinically and financially, and pass their own experience on to the next generation. Associates’ professional development will be supported in a nurturing and balanced environment, which includes a rich combination of group, dual, and individual supervision. If you wish to do heart-centered, intuitive work with clients, and not leave every day at work drained from overanalyzing and intellectualizing your clients’ problems, while doing powerful healing work for the world that really makes a difference, and be fairly valued for your energy exchange, Bloom Therapy might be the ideal training opportunity you are looking for.
The ideal candidate is:
- Sharp & discerning
- Eager to learn and grow
- Independent & self-directed
Candidates must be:
- Independently licensed, provisionally-licensed, OR eligible to apply for an LPC-Associate license within the next 4 months.
- Aligned with Bloom’s holistic, experiential approach to psychotherapy: https://bloomtherapytx.com/team_member/katy-david/
- For supervisees/associates, passionate about doing clinical work with adults and/or couples. (At this time I do not offer supervision for seeing minors.)
- Not overly-focused on diagnosis, but rather seeking to see, feel, sense and understand the whole picture of a client from a mind/body/spirit perspective.
- Committed to pursuing clinical excellence and the highest standard of therapeutic care; for supervisees, this involves being willing to acknowledge weaknesses openly and explore your areas of growth.
- For supervisees, open to a psychotherapeutic style of supervision; that is, some teaching will be done experientially in our supervision sessions, as I help you explore your own self in the same way I work with my clients.
- Open to exploring in-depth, through experiential modalities, your own blind spots, blocks, triggers, emotions, and patterns that might come up in your work with clients. Willingness to volunteer as the client in educational demos is a plus.
- Non-dogmatic and spiritually curious
- Locally located in the surrounding Austin area
- Confident and comfortable with using technology/computers
- In possession of a reliable personal computer with microphone and video camera.
- Willing and able to see at least 10 clients per week, either via tele-therapy or in-person sessions.
- Comfortable receiving phone calls/emails directly from new potential clients, and managing your own schedule.
Specialties Currently Seeking:
While Bloom is open to all Clinicians who embody Blooms Values and Ideal Candidate Traits we are currently looking for clinicians with the following specialties:
- Fully Licensed or Provisionally License Couples Counselor (LPC-As, LPCs, LMFTs, LSCWs). Supervision is only included in employment package for LPC-As.
- Fully Licensed Teen Counselor, working with ages 12-18 years old.
- Substance Abuse Counselors
***Bloom Therapy, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer. We will never discriminate based on race, religion, culture, ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, gender, sex, sexual preference, personal health choices, or private medical decisions. Our offices and waiting areas are completely outfitted with FDA-approved air purifiers, which help to eliminate viruses from the air. We treat all of our clients with this same standard of human respect, and offer in-person therapy services equally to ALL persons, with no exceptions. If you are not aligned with our stance on personal medical/religious freedoms and anti-discrimination policy regarding COVID vaccination, and are unable to treat all clients equally, please do not apply for this position. Note that as of February 2022, LPC Board Rules prohibit the practice of Vaccine Passports. ***
If interested in interviewing for a Bloom Therapist position, please email our Clinical Director, Elaine Fife, at [email protected]. Your email should include:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- References and/or Letters of recommendation (optional)
We do our best to respond within one week of receiving applications. If you do not hear back from us within that time, you are welcome to leave a voicemail at 512.693.9271 to ensure we have received your email of interest.