We firmly believe the world would be a better place if every single person had a good therapist and the engagement in therapy became mainstream, just like regular physical checkups with your doctor.
The hardest part of therapy is sometimes deciding to go, and then it’s finding a therapist. We think finding a therapist should be easy. At Bloom Therapy, we do our best to quickly determine whether or not we have the skills to help you reach your wellness goals. If none of our available therapists are the right fit for you, we do our best to offer helpful referrals.
- If finances are a major component of your decision, we recommend starting with the Rates & Insurance and Insurance Research Tool pages, to confirm if our practice is a good fit for your needs.
- If that is in alignment, browse our therapist profiles to see who feels like a good fit.
- If there is a therapist you are interested in working with, schedule a free consultation.
- If both of you agree it is a match, you can schedule your first session on the phone. Your therapist will take it from there. If it’s not quite right, they may be able to offer you referrals and resources, either from within or outside of Bloom Therapy.
- Once an appointment is scheduled, you will be invited via email to complete your new client paperwork online via our easy and secure online portal. Simply complete your paperwork at least 24 hours before your first session.
- Show up to your appointment on time; aim to be there a little early if meeting in person. We offer complementary water in the hallway refrigerator. There are 2 restrooms within our building. Masks are always optional.
- You do not need to prepare for your first session. It is your therapist’s job to be the leader and guide the session flow. Generally speaking, the first session is a time for your therapist to thoroughly understand your life, problems and goals, and for the two of you to collaborate together on a shared vision of what you are there to accomplish. Your therapist will recommend a treatment plan to help you reach your goals, which generally begins with weekly therapy, then tapers to biweekly, then monthly until completion. They may assign you homework to complete before your second session.